This position is responsible for supporting the assigned product groups on a daily basis to ensure product performs according to the financial goals of the company. Works closely with stores, Merchandising, Inventory and Logistics teams, vendors and other support groups on a regular basis to optimize the sales initiative for the assigned product and further enhance customer satisfaction.
· Work closely with the stores to ensure they are providing valuable feedback and direction by supporting their calls and requests
· Support assigned Buyer / product group according to the financial goals and objectives of the company
· Ensure that all vendor and product documentation is complete and on file with required departments within the company (Vendor Onboarding, Vendor Buying Agreement, EDI set up, etc.)
· Work directly with vendors (international, domestic, and commodity) to manage purchase orders (i.e. logistics, distribution, discrepancies, etc.). Engage management and stores to make sure all data is current and up to date (new SKU setup (collection, keying and managing), SKU data integrity (cost and retail uploads)
· Responsible for timely and accurate data entry of purchase orders, proformas, and vendor information on a daily basis.
· Track international and domestic orders (new store and replenished orders), F&D Express, Special Order purchases and Opportunity Buy’s for the stores
· Research and reconcile invoice and receiving discrepancies; coordinate with the accounting department all account and payment information needed on a vendor basis
Play a key role in product line review, research analysis, preparation, presentation, review, selection and implementation
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in General Business or related field (relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education)
· One to four years in one or more of the following areas: purchasing, buying, merchandising, brand management, marketing, store operations or related field
· Account management experience a plus
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate to advanced level Excel required)
· Must be detail oriented and highly organized
· Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
· Possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure
Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
NOTE: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.
Thank you, please complete your application on the following page.
Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in 2020