Vice President - Talent Management, Learning, and DE&I
Reporting to the CHRO, The VP of Talent Management, Learning, and DE&I will define, build, and drive the company’s Talent Management, Learning and DE&I strategy agenda. This role will provide strategic leadership and direction to F&D’s talent and learning functions, processes, and practices that help drive growth and maximize achievement of short and long-term business goals, while supporting a capable, engaged, and diverse associate community. Key areas of responsibility include organizational development, talent management strategy, learning strategy, leadership and associate development, performance management, succession planning, and DE&I strategy.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in a senior human resources leadership position. Experience supporting Talent Management and partnering with executive leaders preferred.
- Track record of building and mentoring a team to achieve and improve levels of performance, including attracting, developing, and retaining top talent and taking appropriate and timely decisions to improve the effectiveness of the overall organization.
- Experience leading teams with the technical, operational, and business skills needed to deliver on business objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Track record of developing and driving successful talent strategies and ensuring their implementation in a fast-paced environment, preferably in the retail industry.
- Experience in developing and driving organizational change.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, awareness of and commitment to contemporary issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I).
- Strong business judgment and strategic insight, as demonstrated by a clear ability to understand the broader strategy and market context of the business, identify its success drivers, and support them effectively through talent strategies.
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships with senior executives.
- Ability to bring fresh insights that play an important role in changing the performance of the business, and the ability to provide effective advice to fellow senior leaders and executives.
- Energized by creating better ways of doing things so that increasingly higher levels of performance and productivity are achievable.
- Ability to deliver results, work within ambiguity, and successfully manage unresolved situations, frequent changes, or unexpected events.
- Strong bias towards action with the ability to balance the strategic and tactical elements of the role.
- Proficient in LMS is a plus.
- Six Sigma certification is a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with other HR leaders to create talent processes and practices aligned with the overall HR vision and strategy.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and measurement of highly effective, results-driven talent, learning, DE&I, and organizational development strategies that enhance overall organizational performance.
- Create alignment between the company strategies and the talent/learning/DE&I vision, strategy, roadmap, and philosophy, and partner with leaders to ensure that talent management, DE&I and development solutions meet business needs and supports realization of objectives.
- Lead the development and implementation of the organizational strategy for talent management, including succession planning, high-potential development and performance management that address current and future business needs.
- Establish and maintain processes and practices to continuously evaluate development needs of all associates.
- Design, develop, and maintain strategies and programs to address leadership and associate development needs, including leading the development of effective career management programs and initiatives.
- Oversee the design and execution of the performance management processes and tools and lead the design of all talent review processes and practices. In partnership with the Total Rewards team, ensures clear and consistent differentiation of talent in rewards and recognition.
- Be a strategic advisor to executive leadership regarding talent and organizational effectiveness with a strategic and big picture view into external trends and the implications on our people.
- Oversee the company’s Learning function, including cultivating a high functioning, forward-thinking, and execution driven Learning team.
- Create a vision and plan for corporate learning and development that supports the talent strategy and leads to capable and knowledgeable teams and leaders who are ready to meet the challenges of a fast-growing retail company.
- Assess and continually bolster Learning team infrastructure.
- Oversee the onboarding strategy to ensure job-readiness programs are developed, deployed and managed.
- Build and execute a strategy for role-specific functional and compliance training.
- Develop an enterprise-wide DE&I strategy ensuring leadership engagement and support.
- Maintain awareness of DE&I best practices and continually evaluate the company’s performance to identify key areas for improvement on an ongoing basis.
- Lead the effort to set and define concrete and realistic objectives for, DE&I. Socialize these concepts and objectives and establish open feedback practices to include associates in these efforts.
- Advise on and develop the implementation of meaningful and impact-based diversity and inclusion projects and measure the impact of these initiatives.
- Lead with an inclusive and innovative mindset.
- Oversee budget and vendor management.
- Other duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL & ENVIRONMENT):
- Limited travel required including air and car
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Benefits & Rewards
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
Corporate Discount Programs
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.