Transportation Dispatcher (2nd shift)
Moreno Valley, California, 92551
$17.22 - $25.84
This position is responsible for the effective daily coordination and monitoring of delivery activities through timely and accurate dispatch duties, management of transportation requests and work assignments of transport personnel.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- 1-2 years of relevant experience required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and logical thinking
- Computer experience, preferably with TMS
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Coordinate work assignments and daily schedules with drivers and other department personnel
- Coordinate warehouse and transportation shipping schedules
- Heavy interaction with stores, vendors and warehouse/manufacturing sites
- Review employee paperwork to ensure accuracy
- Record and maintain all necessary files and records
- Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or others
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT)
- This position is hourly, knowing it may include hours which exceed eight hours in a day or forty hours in a week
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to noisy.
Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Store Support Center Associates
Provide leadership and support training on all Safety programs, processes and procedures, insuring that every associate is properly trained for their position.
Follow established Safety procedures in all aspects of work assignments applicable to the position. This includes participating in all Safety related training and acquiring certifications. Each associate is responsible for Safety at the Store Support Center and when visiting other company work locations. All Safety concerns must be brought to the attention of the management of a location and/or the Store Support Center Safety Department immediately.
NOTE: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.
Benefits & Rewards
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
A personal holiday and Volunteer Time Off program
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other category protected by law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.