This position is responsible for focusing on management, optimization and process improvements within the Company’s Supply Chain across inbound and outbound transportation, and fulfillment processes relating to cost, quality and delivery. This position will also report on Freight System Management changes, analyze highly proprietary data, and create monthly reports. Analyst must work with both IT departments and Supply Chain to develop custom reporting. Analyst must have a strong background in data science and programming to create customized tools and applications to handle the specific reporting needs of the business.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management (relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education)
· 3-5 years of experience in Data Science, or Logistics/Supply Chain and Finance required (or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company)
· 1-4 years of data analysis experience
· Working knowledge and understanding of contracts and tariffs
· Strong business and data analysis skills
· Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
· Experience with process mapping, examining process flows and performing change management
· Experience in combination with working knowledge of computers, especially in data extract/reporting software, utilizing various databases, statistical applications and logistics software packages
· Experience with Microsoft Power BI Reporting and associated management reporting tools are a plus
· Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well with individuals at all organizational levels
· Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
Essential Job Functions
· Manipulate/mine data from database tables (SQL server, Oracle, Cognos, Data Warehouse, Power BI) to analyze performance, identify problems and develop recommendations which support Supply Chain Management planning and operations
· Manage Supply Chain Reporting - Business Request process, ensuring requests are documented, prioritized and implemented following the approval and timeline process
· Evaluate data to make recommendations for continued or new business direction; generate results using new or existing tools via Excel, PowerPoint, Cognos reporting, Power BI etc.
· Design and perform complex, multi-variable analyses to determine resolutions that clarify and address operational and business concerns,
· Research problems, identify causes and develop appropriate solutions
· Develop state-of-the-art periodic reports for management and facilities on key performance metrics and distribute to stakeholders
· Providing analytical support not only for the facility(s) to improve quality results, but possibly network wide as well as, new business opportunities and proposals
· Support Profit and Loss (P&L) line for Supply Chain by providing data and making recommendations for forecasts and budgets
· Conduct monthly reviews and correct accounting reports for accruals (FAP, STDRC)
· Review, maintain and update all Supply Chain Management SOP documents to ensure best practices are being followed by business users
· Provide communication to other departments of Supply Chain Management’s accomplishments and industry updates
· Generate scorecards to drive continuous improvement across cost and service
· Assist and train teams with Microsoft Power BI, Dashboard and Operational or Historical Report generation
Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
NOTE: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.
Thank you, please complete your application on the following page.
Top quality people, Rock solid careers