This position is responsible for leading and executing all phases of development for Merchandising, Accounting, Replenishment, and Inventory applications
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
·Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3-5 years of development experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company
· Familiarity with, test driven development, advanced profiling and debugging
· Experience with at least one DB platform: DB2 or AS400/IBM iSeries preferred
· Experience with Agile development methodology is a plus
· Demonstrated proficiency with one or more technology environments with the ability to learn and apply new and emerging concepts quickly
· Retail and distribution experience in an ERP environment preferred
· Ability to work on multiple "open" projects concurrently while in various stages of development, testing and approval processes
·Must possess excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with both technical and business users
· Strong decision-making, problem solving and data analysis skills
·Must be able to convey technical specifications in a business-friendly manner
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
·Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
·Maintain and enhance Replenishment, Inventory and Merchandising Applications
·Responsible for the full software development lifecycle of a project including design, development, unit testing, system testing and change management
· JDA MMS experience highly desired
·Integrate new products and solutions into existing environment for continuous improvement
·Develop advanced SQL statements and procedural code on multiple database management systems (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle); tasks include querying data, manipulating data, generating reports, etc.
·Work with end users to define business requirements for new projects as well as supporting existing processes
·Develop leadership skills to navigate project execution through all phases of the standard software development lifecycle
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment)
The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.
Thank you, please complete your application on the following page.
Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in 2020