· This position will be responsible for assisting in the development of and handling the day-to-day management and documentation of the supplier quality assurance steps of the supply chain process. Key areas of responsibility for this position will include managing and/or contributing to one or more of the following programs: CA Prop 65, DC Remediation, Technical Data Validation, Pre Purchase Testing, First Piece Inspection, Supplier Scorecards, finished goods inspections, field quality issues, etc. This position will work cross-functionally with Supply Chain, Merchandising, Inventory Management, Finance, and Legal (Company Compliance) as well as with suppliers and 3rd party inspection/audit firms to ensure F&D product meet regulatory and quality requirements.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Technical Field preferred
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience (preferably in retail)
· Understanding of statistical methods, quality tools and methodologies (i.e., QFD, CTQ, DFSS, SPC, AQP, FMEA, Control Plan) preferred
· Knowledge of integrated ERP systems and world-class supply chain practices preferred
· Must be analytical, detail-oriented and highly organized
· Possess good process experience, judgment and the ability to recognize key problems
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to work cross-functionally within the company, as well as globally with suppliers
· Possess excellent customer service skills
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
· Must be self-motivated and work well under pressure
· Thrive in challenging and rapidly changing environment
· A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally within the company, as well as globally with suppliers and 3rd party firms.
· Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
· Previous training in Six Sigma preferred
· Experience working with international vendors preferred
· Supplier Quality background and experience preferred
· Knowledge of supplier qualification processes and supplier performance metrics preferred
· QMS or GMP Lead Auditor accreditation or experience preferred
· Develop internal and external communications including: FAQs, associate training materials, and supplier communications
· Develop and manage policies and standard operating procedures (SOP) relating to quality assurance
· Possess good process experience/judgment and the ability to recognize key problems before they become major issues. Capable of recognizing opportunities that translate to bottom-line improvement.
· Monitor supplier performance and alert Merchandising team of any non-compliance, respond promptly to detected offenses, develop corrective action plans and report findings via established channels
· Develop and utilize scorecards to track key vendor and 3rd party service provider performance metrics
· Onboard new suppliers in accordance with F&D policies and procedures
· Other areas of focus will be on Supplier Risk Management and may include some or all of the following audits, inspections and activities to be performed by selected third parties:
· Environmental Compliance Audits
· Factory Audits
· Production, Pre-Shipment and Container Loading Inspections
· Product Testing
· Manage 3rd party audit scheduling and reporting
· Lab Testing, Certifications, Recordkeeping Procedures and Other Best Practices
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment)
· Limited travel required travel required including air and car travel
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally/frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
· Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Note: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.
Benefits & Rewards
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
Corporate Discount Programs
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.
Thank you, please complete your application on the following page.