Field Marketing Manager
Purpose: As a critical role in our growth, the Field Marketing Manager will lead our field marketing relationships and initiatives within divisions, regions, markets, and stores across the organization. You are the primary point of contact for store managers and field leadership, representing the entire marketing department in these key relationships. Further, you champion the needs of the field to subject matter experts within and beyond the marketing department, leading the way to formulate plans and achieve goals.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field
- 3-5+ years of demonstrated experience in managing field marketing activities for a retail organization
- Strong track record of successful internal and external relationship management; strong interpersonal skills to build effective, inclusive, and collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high growth environment with shifting priorities, limited resources and tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving, collaboration, and team building skills
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented nature to plan, prioritize, and handle multiple projects simultaneously across internal teams and agencies; consistent and effective follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to exceed goals and drive progressive business results through marketing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to proactively challenge and change to maximize output
- Excellent written and verbal communication, persuasion, and presentation skills including ability to create and deliver presentations
- Excellent customer service skills and thrives under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills including experience formulating marketing solutions from sales, customer, real estate, and marketing data as well as key store performance metrics
- Comfort and working knowledge of all media including national media and local sponsorships, community activations, and local media
- Strong computer skills in MS Office suite with the ability to create clear, concise reports and to interpret, analyze and create presentations
- Fast-paced, high-growth retail experience is a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead as the primary point of contact for store managers/field leadership, representing the entire marketing department
- Proactively provide store managers and field leadership with updates on marketing department initiatives and recommendations on local/regional opportunities, including best practices for store- and market-level marketing initiatives
- Proactively monitor performance of stores, markets, regions and divisions and report on results & opportunities; to include sales data, customer data, real estate data, marketing results and key store performance metrics
- Build strong, trusted relationships with store managers and field leadership, including requesting, listening to and understanding explicit and implied needs, and providing persuasive and impactful recommendations; this includes assessing receptivity to a proposal, structuring discussions/presentations to appeal to business needs and priorities, as well as anticipating questions/roadblocks and determining how to address possible resistance
- Identify and champion store- and market-specific marketing needs and understand objectives/challenges/opportunities to formulate goals and plans of action tailored to the unique needs of individual markets/stores
- Advocate for field marketing needs within the marketing department by providing briefs with clear business objectives and well-scoped challenges/opportunities and in-depth understanding of the unique characteristics of each market/store
- Lead inclusive partnerships with key stakeholders within the department (including media, email/1:1, content, creative, brand management, pro services, design services, CRM, operations, budgeting, and leadership), working with the appropriate subject matter experts to create plans and launch marketing activations to achieve business goals
- Support corporate growth objectives, including comp same store sales growth and new store growth; plan, organize and execute grand opening plans before and after new stores open to achieve new store goals
- Plan, negotiate, buy/place, measure and optimize select media and marketing including but not limited to local media such as out-of-home, in-store signage, local listings, local sponsorships, and community activations
- Take ownership of store-specific information across all channels to ensure accuracy and a consistent customer experience, including accurate location information on our website, in local listings, our pro app, etc.
- Manage field marketing/advertising budget for your stores, markets, regions and divisions, including adhering to proper controls to ensure on-target delivery and proper documentation and billing with finance
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate Privacy, Information Security, and Data Governance protocols and laws
Working Conditions (travel & environment)
- Occasional travel required including air and car travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
- Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Note: Floor & Decor considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or familial status, veteran status, or based on any other class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Floor & Decor also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer at its sole discretion.
Benefits & Rewards
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
Corporate Discount Programs
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.