Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical equipment such as forklifts, order pickers, reach trucks, golf carts, floor scrubbers, and scissor lifts.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Technical degree in equipment maintenance and repair and/or relevant experience in the field on the type of equipment used in the DC’s
- Be able to receive certification, as needed, to perform work on equipment during circumstances that require a certification
- Three years of relevant experience required or an equivalent combination of education/training and experience sufficient to perform the essential job functions of the job, as determined by the company
- Experience managing equipment repair department and/or functions
- Strong administrative skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Skilled in developing project documentation and data for equipment performance & maintenance tracking and continuous improvement
- Must be detailed-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgement to solve problem and work with vendors on problem resolution and daily needs of the job
- Demonstrated ability to work as a business partner in a collaborative environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working in a changing and fast-paced environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Must follow all F&D Safety and Environmental policies and report any incidents, near misses and/or observations of such in the DC
- Work collaboratively with the DC GM and Operations Managers on day to day processes involving the upkeep, repair and PM’s for DC equipment
- Daily coordination with DC management on the prioritization of equipment repairs, PM’s and functions of the job
- Maintain service/repair records, for all equipment, with monthly status reports
- Maintain P&L budget information for Equipment Repairs to provide to GM for monthly reviews
- Receive, analyze, and dispatch routine and emergency maintenance/repair service requests for equipment vendor support as needed and to comply to warranty requirements
- Oversee preventive maintenance programs, in concurrence with the GM, and adjust/create as needed to ensure proper maintenance of equipment
- Develop and leverage partnerships with vendors to ensure the Distribution Center receives timely and cost-effective services possible
- Monitor and adjust spending based on budget and facility priorities
- Review, approve and verify completion of service requests
- Be able to perform maintenance /repair functions on all DC equipment, including all material handling equipment, maintenance /employee mobile equipment, and yard jockey trucks
- Train and develop DC personnel, as requested by DC Management, on minor maintenance practices and upkeep of equipment, including good operating practices, to improve on the downtime of equipment and lower repair costs
Working Conditions (travel & environment)
- This position is hourly, knowing it may include hours which exceed eight (8) hours in a day or forty hours in a week
- Typical job hours are per the GM and employee coordination, regularly being the day shift operating hours, but could involve working an off shift and/or weekend, as required
- Assist in dispatching and follow-up on emergency service calls after typical business hours, including but not limited to weekends
- Limited travel required including air and car travel
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate
- Physical Work – Ability to exert 30-60 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects and perform job. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl.
Note: Floor & Decor considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or familial status, veteran status, or based on any other class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Floor & Decor also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer at its sole discretion.
Benefits & Rewards
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other category protected by law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.