This position is responsible for developing and supporting capabilities for Warehouse management applications.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education)
- Three years of development experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company
- Supply chain development experience is required , Manhattan associate WM Active (MAWM) or WM SCPP is a plus
- Experience working on several medium sized projects
- Ability and desire to improve technical skillset
- Ability to work in collaborative coding environment
- Cloud native application development experience and understanding .
- Familiar with multi-threaded applications, test driven development, advanced profiling and debugging
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals
- Intermediate experience with one or more programming languages
- Experience with Agile development methodology is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with one or more technology environments and the ability to readily learn and apply new and emerging concepts
- Excellent communication, problem solving and data analysis skills
- Experience with at least one DB platform (e.g., Oracle or Google Mysql)
- High level of customer service
- Maintain and enhance Warehouse management systems
- Ability to work on small to medium sized programming tasks with minimal supervision
- Responsible for the full software development lifecycle for projects, enhancements and fixes including design, development, unit testing, system testing and change management
- Responsible for non-trivial features/capabilities to applications
- Enhance understanding in programming languages used at Floor & Decor
- Ability to apply understanding of software development principles in programming tasks
- Start and complete new skills trainings
- Follow programming guidelines provided by Senior and Lead Developers
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and understanding of good coding practices
- Manage user issues and ticketing system related to application problems
- Integrate new products and solutions into existing environment for continuous improvement
- Develop advanced SQL statements and procedural code on multiple database management systems (e.g., SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle). Tasks include querying data, manipulating data, generating reports, etc.
- Work with end users to define business requirements for new projects as well as supporting existing processes
- Analyze data and solve new and existing business issues
- Work concurrently on multiple projects and tasks across different business units
- Provide basic technical guidance to other developers and provide Level 1/2 Production support assistance
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment)
Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Benefits & Rewards
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other category protected by law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.