$17.20 - $23.50
This position is responsible for the creative workflow process for cashiering, handling product returns, performing basic cash office functions, and providing every customer with an exceptional shopping experience. In addition, this position is responsible for training and developing Customer Service Associates.
- Customer Service
- A member of the store Junior Management Team.
- Act and work in a manner that is consistent with company’s core values.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and compliance with the company’s safe lifting practices standard operating procedures.
- Provide direction to all Customer Service Associates to ensure a highly attentive and accurate level of customer service.
- Greet every customer in a helpful and courteous manner.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and compliance of all customer service-related standard operating procedures (cashiering, credit and close-out).
- Process customers at checkout using the point of sale (POS) system.
- Process customer refunds and exchanges according to established guidelines.
- Open and close registers.
- Follow established cash, check and charge card acceptance procedures.
- Answer the telephone according to accepted guidelines.
- Stock and tag merchandise displays as required.
- Create price tags and merchandise signs.
- Review and assess the performance of associates on a timely basis
- Train, develop and supervise and define workload for associates.
- Monitor associate retention and career development; communicate ideas to General Manager.
- Address and document unsatisfactory performance and policy violations of associates through administration of disciplinary action and performance counseling.
- Ensure compliance to scheduling, hiring, payroll and business planning processes.
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support company expectations and systems.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- One year customer service/cashier supervisory experience and proven ability direct operations.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, highly complex location.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated proficiency in training associates.
- Excellent communication, delegation, follow-up, and analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in supervising a fast-paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency.
- This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
Medium Work – Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
NOTE: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.
Benefits & Rewards
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
A personal holiday and Volunteer Time Off program
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.