Assistant Department Manager (Deco)
Gaithersburg, Maryland, 20879
The Design Manager is responsible for achieving sales budgets and providing an exceptional shopping experience to every customer through established company guidelines concerning sales, customer service, training and development.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Three to five years retail management experience.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, highly complex location.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter.
- Knowledge of hard surface flooring preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in recruiting, hiring, and training associates.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in managing a fast-paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to increase the company’s overall market share.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive, teach and adhere to the P’s of retail to include but are not limited to People, Product, Price, Purchasing, Position, Presentation, Promotion and Pro Services
- Maintain master store design appointment calendar and schedule design appointments for existing and potential customers, while developing clientele through networking and referrals, as well as leads generated within the store
- Engage customers and provide a quality shopping experience, and ensure store associates provide quality customer service
- Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and maintained.
- Ensure safety and security of customers and employees by following established guidelines and procedures regarding loss prevention and risk management.
- Assist the Chief Executive Merchant in supporting, modeling, and enhancing seamless customer service focus by creating an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and quick for customers and co-workers.
- Work as KCM or Manager on Duty as required
- Analyze and work all business reports in order to be in the best merchandising, in-stock and pricing position.
- Utilize computer and point of sale systems to maintain accurate inventory, cycle counts, and profit and loss management, including shipping and receiving of inventory.
- Collaborate, partner and communicate with store leadership and employees to manage projects from inquiry to installation, and achieve sales and other goals
- Enthusiastically support all company initiatives and goals by modeling and coaching best practices with store employees
- Responsible for Design Center maintenance and maintaining company visual standards
- Responsible for understanding and utilizing design applications i.e.; Salesforce, proprietary Online Design Appointment Scheduler, MyProject, James Martin, and HousPro.
- Engage in current and emerging design trends in your market
- Ensure maximum scheduling coverage during peak traffic periods.
- Review and assess the performance of associates on a timely basis.
- Train, develop, supervise and define workload of store associates as appropriate.
- Monitor associate retention and career development and communicate improvement efforts to Chief Executive Merchant.
- Address and document unsatisfactory performance and policy violations of associates through administration of disciplinary action and performance counseling.
- Ensure compliance to scheduling, hiring, payroll and business planning processes.
- Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support company expectations and systems.
- Available to open and/or close the store in an effective manner.
- Perform additional managerial duties as necessary.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change at any time.
- Based on eligibility our associates may opt into benefits coverage.
- 401k option for associates
- Bonus opportunities at every level
Working Conditions (travel & environment)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
- Potential car travel to other stores for support.
- Flexible hours to fit around your schedule and schedule of deliveries
- On the job training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Our people are our most important asset and we pride ourselves in teamwork
- Diverse perspectives and experiences are a vital to our success and Floor & Decor is committed to creating an inclusive culture.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds or more on a consistent basis.
- Ability to sit, squat or stand for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Note: Floor & Decor considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or familial status, veteran status, or based on any other class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Floor & Decor also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer at its sole discretion.
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Benefits & Rewards
Bonus opportunities at every level
Career advancement opportunities
Relocation opportunities across the country
401k with discretionary company match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Referral Bonus Program
A personal holiday and Volunteer Time Off program
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.